Friday, November 18, 2011

Wow! A year ago today...

Today has been a year since I told Randy and Rachel they would have a sweet new baby joining their family in just a few short weeks. It was the greatest decision Ive ever made. At a time in my life when I felt like I had made all the wrong decisions and couldnt trust myself, this was my first step in the right direction. I was there last night for dinner, and I cant believe how lucky those boys are. I never thought anyone could ever possibly love my baby like I could. I mean, I'm sure they would care about him, but theres no way they'd really love him as their own. But they do. I have to hold back sweet tears when I see the look on Rachel's face when she watches him play. There is so much love and compassion. I catch myself watching her instead of him. And Randy is an amazing daddy. I love how he gets down on the floor and wrestles with the boys. I pray nightly that, when I get married and have a family, we could be even half the parents that they are. I have so much love and respect for them and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment